1. We will safeguard, according to strict standards of security and confidentiality, any information our customers share with us.
2. We will limit the collection and use of customer information to the minimum we require to deliver superior service to our customers, that include advising our customers about our products, services and other opportunities, and to administer our business.
3. We will permit only authorized employees, who are trained in the proper handling of customer information, to have access to that information. Employees who violate our Privacy Promise will be subject to our normal disciplinary process.
4. We will not reveal customer information to any external organization unless we have previously informed the customer in disclosures or agreements, been authorized by the customer, or are required by law.
5. We will always maintain control over the confidentiality of our customer information. We may, however, facilitate relevant offers from reputable companies. These companies are not permitted to retain any customer information unless the customer has specifically expressed interest in their products or services.
6. We will tell customers in plain language initially, and at least once annually, how they may remove their names from marketing lists. At any time, customers can contact us to remove their names from such lists.
7. Whenever we hire other organizations to provide support services, we will require them to conform to our policy standards and to allow us to audit them for compliance.
8. For purposes of credit reporting, verification and risk management, we will exchange information about our customers with reputable reference sources and clearinghouse services.
9. We will not use or share - internally or externally - personally identifiable medical information for any purpose other than the underwriting or administration of a customer's policy, claim or account, or as disclosed to the customer when the information is collected, or to which the customer consents.
10. We will attempt to keep customer files complete, up to date, and accurate. We will tell our customers how and where to conveniently access their account information (except when we're prohibited by law), and how to notify us about errors which we will promptly correct.
We want you to understand what personally identifiable information ("Information") is collected through a web site operated by BankIslami Pakistan Limited (now referred to as BankIslami) and how it may later be disclosed.
Non-customers who receive promotional e-mail messages about BankIslami products and services may elect to not receive ('opt out' of) further messages. If you opt out from receiving these e-mail messages, we will retain your e-mail address solely for the purposes of honoring your request.
BankIslami collects Information about customers through the applications it receives and from other sources. If you are a customer, additional details about the Information we collect and how it may be disclosed is contained in our Privacy Notice, which is provided to you at account opening.
If you wish to review Information provided on online applications, you can contact us to request a copy of the personal account information you provided through our customer service numbers. There may be a charge for certain Information that is requested. It may also be possible for Customers to review and change contact information such as address, phone and e-mail information by signing on and updating their personal profile. To protect your privacy, proof of identity or other authentication is required any time you contact us.